Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Suede Nails?

In light of Ciate doing the velvet manicure kits that are ridiculously expensive, I thought I would try the DIY version. I know this isn't new to nail artists, I have seen it. I just have never tried it. I went to Michaels yesterday to get some flocking and they were out. I went to Joann's and they don't carry it. I was so bummed! Then, I remembered that I might have a few bottles of it from my paper art days. I just didn't know where. So, I dug around in my stash and found them. Not bright pretty colors that I want to try, but two shades of brown and black. I thought I would give the lighter brown a try to see if I would even like doing it:


I definitely need to buy more colors! This was fun! It was so quick and easy too. I have no idea how it is going to wear, but it looks cool. I think it is going to be an awesome fall manicure cuz it just makes me feel warm and fuzzy ;)

I did a base of China Glaze Fast Track from the Hunger Games collection and then sprinkled on the flocking while it was still wet. I gently patted it down into the polish and let it sit for a few seconds. Then I used a fan brush to clean up the excess. It went so fast.

Tomorrow will be a test to see if it holds up. I don't see it lasting through a shower and handwashings all day, but many nail gurus say that it does. We'll see...

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. flocking is a vey fine powder that is usually what is used to line jewelry boxes when they have the fuzzy insides. It is also used in scrapbooking and paper arts. Normally, you would brush glue on something and then sprinkle it on and let dry. I just used the nailpolish as my adhesive instead. It did last all day though a shower and multiple handwashings. I was impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete