Thursday, August 9, 2012

Liebster Award!

The sweet and talented Painted Pony has given me the Liebster Award! Thank you!
The Liebster Award is passed along to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers to help them promote themselves and congratulate them on coming this far!
Here's how it works:
1) The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves
2) The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
3) The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
4) These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
5) They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)

Eleven fun facts about me:
1) I am a reality show junkie...I am ashamed to admit how much I love all the Real Housewives, Teen Mom and all the other ridiculous shows on tv. I think it is because my life is so very boring! lol
2) When I was little, I was a huge nail biter. I bit my nails until they bled. Then as a teen, I went the other direction and would grow my nails ridiculously long. Now, I have a hard time keeping them an acceptable length....they get way too long before I cut them back a bit. If my nails are too short, I will start biting them again.
3) I have a shopping problem. I find a passion and can't stop buying. Great for my nail polish collection, bad on my checking account!
4) I have a husband and two teenage daughters...nailpolish is my escape!
5) I am a night owl. I love staying up late...until I have to get up at 5 am to get ready for work!
6) I wayyyyy overuse (...) in case you haven't figured that out yet!
7) I am scared to death of spiders, mice and bats. Like a frozen from panic kind of fear.
8) I have a tattoo of a lizard on my ankle that I got on a whim and now wish I wouldn't have gotten it.
9) I live in a very rural town in the middle of nowhere and wouldn't change it for anything in the world. I actually have lived on the same property for my entire life. Moved from my mom's house to a house next door that she rented to me and my husband and then back to this house when she passed away. So, I have lived in the same spot for 38 years!
10) I am very shy to the point that some people think I am snobby when they first meet me...but once I know you I am the life of the party!
11) I had a VERY hard time writing these facts because I don't like to talk about myself at all.

Now for the questions:
1) When and why did you start blogging? I just started blogging a few weeks ago. I have a paper arts blog that I wrote for many years and was popular in that community, but I haven't done any of that type of art in over a year. I decided that I wanted to have a place to share my passion for nail art. I realized that the nail art community was a big as the paper art one and jumped in!
2) How many bottles of polish do you own? I haven't counted recently and I did just go through my collection and give away a lot of the cheaper polishes that I will never wear. I have a rack that holds 140 polishes and I have to come up with a new solution because there are a TON that don't fit on that. I would guess over 200.
3) What color do you have the most of in your collection? I don't know that I have any more of one color than another.
4) What is your first memory of nail polish? I remember always wanting my nails painted and asking my older cousin to do them for me. She would spend the whole time yelling at me for biting my nails down so far! lol
5) What do your friends/family think of your hobby? My younger daughter loves it because she does her nails as much as I do. My older daughter thinks I am insane. My husband is just tired of me buying more! My friends and coworkers love it. They come to me for advice or recommendations and they always want to see what I have on my nails.
6) What are your hobbies other than blogging? I used to do alot of paper art. I have been an artist my whole life. I also love to read and spend time with my family.
7) What's your favorite nail polish color? Hmmmm...I don't know if I have a favorite. I have ones that I love, but one favorite would be hard to choose.
8) What would be your dream polish? A one coat, perfect application, dries instantly one. I would take one in every color, finish, etc. lol
9) What is something you love, but everyone else hates? Not sure what this means. Everyone I know or everyone in general? Either way, I can't think of anything that I love that others hate.
10) What trends do you love? stamping and magnetic polish
11) What trends do you hate? outlined nails & stiletto nails

As for the 11 bloggers I want to nominate, there is a problem. I am so new to this community and the only way I am finding blogs is by checking out the ones that have been given the Liebster Award or ones that have too many followers to qualify. I would love to give it to fellow bloggers, but I just don't know any that haven't already received it. So, I am going to ask for you all to help me out. If you know someone with less than 200 followers that hasn't already gotten this award, please tell me and I will visit them and share the love.

Thanks again to The Painted Pony for giving me this award!!

No comments:

Post a Comment