Thursday, August 9, 2012

Adventures in Jelly Sandwiches

Okay, I am so new to the nail blogging world. I have been addicted to YouTube videos on nail everything, but didn't know there were so many amazing blogs out there to help feed my obsession!
After reading MANY blogs, I learned about jelly sandwich manicures. I had no clue about these before last week...I know...they are old news to most of you probably! But, bear with me as I share my mini adventure!

I discovered one very important thing tonight as I attempted two different jelly sandwich manicures...I don't have appropriate glitter polishes for this! I did order a couple of indy ones this past weekend that are flying my way as I type and they may work better than what I had.

My first attempt used Finger Paints Pop Rock Pink (which is way more coral than pink) as the base, Finger Paints Gourd or Bad? glitter & LA Colors hex silver glitter. Finally a layer of the Pop Rock Pink  over the top of it all:



I really don't like this manicure at all. I seems too thick and messy for me. I guess I just don't have the proper polishes for this technique.

Here is my other attempt on a nail wheel:


This one isn't THAT bad, but the heart shaped glitter I used totally disappeared! lol I used Nicole by OPI Respect the World as the base and then used Nicole by OPI Honeydew you Love me? and LA Colors hex silver glitter with another coat of the blue over it all. It is a little better, but like I said, no blue hearts are visible anymore.

Now, before anyone says anything, I know my photos are HORRIBLE! I wish I knew how all of you bloggers got such amazing pictures of your nail art!! When I did my paper art blog, I was a pro at photos, but this is a whole new ballgame. Any tips are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Your photos are not awful! I'm in the same boat as you! I want to know how all of these ladies get AMAZING photos of their nails!

    I'm still trying to figure out which polishes to use for a jelly sandwich as well because I'd love to give it a try!

    I think they look great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will figure out the picture thing. I hate that my nails look way better in person than on my blog. The worst part...my colors are never right. I end up with bright pink fingers or translucent skin if the nail color is right or the polish is wrong and my skin looks normal. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this informative post, nowadays everyone wants to look beautiful because beauty is symbol of Confidence. If you feel inner confidence you are able to stand in front of anyone and can respond with confidence. We are also serving for the Best salon services .We are providing best salon packages salon in balanagar for men and women at very reasonable and affordable prices and further more salon in balanagar for men and women .

    ReplyDelete